About the System
The digital court system is an intelligent system product with proprietary intellectual property rights which is self-developed based on years of judicial informational application development abiding by the Construction Standard and Specification of Computing and Information Networks for Court System formulated by the Supreme People's Court of the People's Republic of China.
The digital court system is an intelligent platform using technologies including advanced digital audio and video processing, audio/words/image sync marking, intelligent compound documents and image processing to have realized integration of functions such as case management, electronic testification, court trial records, oyer, disk burning and filing, composite transcript and intelligent management of case information according to the requirements on tech court construction of the national court information website and the Supreme People's Court.
The digital court system has capitalized on high and intelligent technologies, which allows the court to have highly integration and intelligent processing of spatial arrangement, environment control, soft-and hardware configuration, process control, etc. It not only helps realize the justice and efficiency of the court trial macroscopically but also provides a more convenient working platform for the front-line staff of the court trial from micro perspectives.
1. Digital court trial management system (software)
2. Central control sub-system;
3. Electronic testification sub-system;
4. Display sub-system;
5. Reinforcement sub-system;
6. Remote court trial sub-system;
7. Server sub-system.
The digital court system capitalizes on the current computer technology and technical methods for complete, truthful, exact and clear recording of the whole trial process and activities, realizing digital and informational management of the court trial.
The adoption of Bright Lawman Digital Court System® (BLDCS) will help realize the following functions for digital court trial system:
1. The system uses advanced audio/video digital records for complete and truthful recording of the whole trial process to ensure continuity of the trial and avoid omission and deviation caused by human recording so as to reduce controversies and fully present the truthfulness and objectivity of the court trial;
2. The intelligent multimedia composite documentation technology allows easy and quick calling of various judgment document information including trial records (intelligent composite transcript), evidence, laws and regulations and case documents to improve the trial efficiency and realize the state of "available at hand";
3. Using intelligent multimedia composite documents for transcript keeping improves the recording quality of court clerks and effectively reduces their working intensity;
4. It ensures that the court trial audio and video records and transcripts will not affect the progressing of the trial due to defects of network or database equipments via safety technologies like multipoint storage and backup;
5. After the court trial, the audio and video records, intelligent multimedia composite transcripts, electronic evidence and case information of the court trial will be easily and quickly burned into disks as electronic archive for the cases. The disks can be auto played in Windows OS to make the case transfer much more convenient;
6. The court work is no longer constrained by time or location by remote trial and testification via the network;
Leaders, departments and all circles of the society can supervise and manage the court work across time and space via the on-line display sub-system.
The social and economic benefits are mainly the following three aspects for courts with digital court private network system:
1. More transparent court trial and enhanced judicial fairness
The digital court private network system live broadcasts the trial via cable television network, the court LAN, the court private network, etc. facilitating the supervision and review by court leaders, judges and political-legal organs about problems during the process. The digital court system can be used for appropriate Internet live broadcasting for cases with great social impact and intense public attention to improve the transparency, make the trial "open, just and fair", maintain social justice and strengthen the judicial fairness image.
2. Remote testification and arraignment are allowed to save judicial fund
In the process of actual trials, it is often required to escort suspects from remote or non-local detention houses to the court for trial, which not only costs large amount of police, material and money but adds the insecurity of escort. The digital court system provides good resolution for this by network audio/video interaction technology, allowing remote testification and arraignment. This method currently applies for those criminal cases with clear facts, simple relationships involved and light punishment.
In judgment of civil cases, it is often seen that the witness fails to be present on court due to reasons such as business trips or sickness. The digital court can realize remote/non-local testification of witnesses by means of audio and video network transmission to save costs and make it convenient.
3. Court trials are recorded for easy display and review
The digital court private network system allows complete recording of all audio, video, image and words of the trials at length so as to provide overall support for case display. It is of significance for people's petitioning, case appealing, review of death penalty, etc.
2011 © Copyright Tatwah Smartech CO.,LTD. All Rights Reserved.